An Unlikely Story is thrilled to welcome back author Chelsea Clinton for a very special reading, Q & A, and book-signing of her new book WELCOME TO THE BIG KIDS CLUB, a humorous book chock full of helpful tips about the new baby in your house, in an event hosted by Jeff Kinney.
Chelsea Clinton, a mom of three, shares her passion for family and for giving older children the information they need to love, care for and appreciate their new siblings. This book is perfect for any kid joining the Big Kids Club!
Ticketing Info (links below!):
Tickets are only available online. Each ticket is $20.18 (includes tax) and comes with a copy of WELCOME TO THE BIG KIDS CLUB to be signed by Chelsea Clinton at the event.
One ticket admits up to two family members. You can choose the following ticket options:
- 1 Adult with One Child ticket
- 1 Adult ticket
To ensure we get through everyone in line, only books purchased in the store for this event will be signed.
- Tickets for the reading plus Q & A are on sale now!
- Tickets for the Overflow Seating are now available!
- Tickets for the signing-only line are now available!
- After those in the reading have had their books signed, those in overflow space, then the signing-only line will enter the signing area.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
Signing line guidelines:
- Chelsea will also sign copies of It’s Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going!; She Persisted; Governing Global Health: Who Runs the World and Why; She Persisted Around the World; Start Now! You Can Make a Difference; Don’t Let Them Disappear; She Persisted in Sports; and She Persisted in Science purchased at the event with a purchased copy of Welcome to the Big Kids Club.
- Memorabilia and books other than those listed above will not be signed.
- Guidelines subject to change.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
WELCOME TO THE BIG KIDS CLUB is a new humorous picture book that gives children an idea of what to expect when they get a new sibling. Clinton, mom of three, teaches older siblings what your baby can see, why your baby cries, when your baby will be able to talk, how your baby knows you love them, and so much more (including why your baby poops so much!). She also acknowledges in the text that not all babies will have the same abilities and shows readers how they can interact with siblings who develop differently. With artwork sure to cause big-kid-sized giggles, this book is perfect for any member or soon-to-be member of the Big Kids Club. A Spanish language edition, Bienvenidos al club de los niños grandes, will be concurrently released.
Kirkus Reviews praised the book, saying, “The congratulatory tone and initiation into a secret club just may be the hook some new siblings need to feel special. A club that everyone will want to join.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Chelsea Clinton (she/her) is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller She Persisted: 13 American Women Who Changed the World; She Persisted Around the World: 13 Women Who Changed History; She Persisted in Sports: American Olympians Who Changed the Game; She Persisted in Science: Brilliant Women Who Made a Difference; Don't Let Them Disappear: 12 Endangered Species Across the Globe; Welcome to the Big Kids Club: What Every Older Sibling Needs to Know!; It's Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going!; Start Now!: You Can Make a Difference; with Hillary Clinton, Grandma's Gardens and The Book of Gutsy Women; and, with Devi Sridhar, Governing Global Health: Who Runs the World and Why? She is also the Vice Chair of the Clinton Foundation, where she works on many initiatives, including those that help empower the next generation of leaders. She lives in New York City with her husband, Marc, their children and their dog, Soren. You can follow Chelsea Clinton on Twitter @ChelseaClinton or on Facebook at facebook.com/chelseaclinton