The Dragon Reborn (Paperback)
Search for Your Next Book
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Wheel of Time series.
- #1: The Eye of the World: Book One of The Wheel of Time (Paperback): $18.99
- #2: The Great Hunt: Book Two of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #4: The Shadow Rising: Book Four of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #5: The Fires of Heaven: Book Five of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $24.99
- #6: Lord of Chaos: Book Six of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #7: A Crown of Swords: Book Seven of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #8: The Path of Daggers: Book Eight of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #9: Winter's Heart: Book Nine of The Wheel of Time (Paperback): $22.99
- #10: Crossroads of Twilight: Book Ten of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #11: Knife of Dreams: Book Eleven of 'The Wheel of Time' (Paperback): $22.99
- #12: The Gathering Storm: Book Twelve of the Wheel of Time (Paperback): $22.99
- #13: Towers of Midnight: Book Thirteen of The Wheel of Time (Paperback): $22.99
- #14: A Memory of Light: Book Fourteen of The Wheel of Time (Paperback): $22.99
- #15: New Spring: Prequel to The Wheel of Time (Paperback): $18.99
- #16: The Wheel of Time Companion: The People, Places, and History of the Bestselling Series (Hardcover): $39.99
"The Dragon Reborn"--the leader long prophesied who will save the world, but in the saving destroy it; the savior who will run mad and kill all those dearest to him--is on the run from his destiny.
Able to touch the One Power, but unable to control it, and with no one to teach him how--for no man has done it in three thousand years--Rand al'Thor knows only that he must face the Dark One. But how?
Winter has stopped the war-almost-yet men are dying, calling out for the Dragon. But where is he?
Perrin Aybara is in pursuit with Moiraine Sedai, her Warder Lan, and the Loial the Ogier. Bedeviled by dreams, Perrin is grappling with another deadly problem--how is her to escape the loss of his own humanity.
Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve are approaching Tar Valon, where Mat will be healed--if he lives until they arrive. But who will tell the Amyrlin their news--that the Black Ajah, long thought only a hideous rumor, is all too real? They cannot know that in Tar Valon far worse awaits...
Ahead, for all of them, in the Heart of the Stone, lies the next great test of the Dragon reborn....
About the Author
Robert Jordan was born in 1948 in Charleston, South Carolina. He taught himself to read when he was four with the incidental aid of a twelve-years-older brother, and was tackling Mark Twain and Jules Verne by five. He is a graduate of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, with a degree in physics. He served two tours in Vietnam with the U.S. Army; among his decorations are the Distinguished Flying Cross with bronze oak leaf cluster, the Bronze Star with "V" and bronze oak leaf cluster, and two Vietnamese Gallantry Crosses with palm. A history buff, he has also written dance and theater criticism and enjoyed the outdoor sports of hunting, fishing, and sailing, and the indoor sports of poker, chess, pool, and pipe collecting.Robert Jordan began writing in 1977 and went on to write The Wheel of Time(R), one of the most important and best selling series in the history of fantasy publishing with over 14 million copies sold in North America, and countless more sold abroad.Robert Jordan died on September 16, 2007, after a courageous battle with the rare blood disease amyloidosis.
"Jordan has come to dominate the world Tolkien began to reveal."-The New York Times
"Large and splendid. The saga reaches a new level of emotional impact."-Chicago Sun-Times
"Jordan writes with the stark vision of light and darkness, and sometimes childlike sense of wonder, that permeates J. R. R. Tolkien's works. His style is undebatedly his own."-
The Pittsburgh Press