The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3) (Hardcover)
Search for Your Next Book
Email or call for price.
Hard to Find
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.
- #1: Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #2: Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #2) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #4: Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #4) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #5: The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #5) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #6: Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #6) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #7: The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #7) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #8: Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #8) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #9: The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #9) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #10: Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #10) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #11: Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #11) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #12: The Getaway (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 12) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #13: The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 13) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #14: Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 14) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #15: The Deep End (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 15) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #16: Untitled Diary of a Wimpy Kid #16 (Large Print / Library Binding): $33.34
The highly anticipated third book in the critically acclaimed and bestselling series takes the art of being wimpy to a whole new level. Let’s face it: Greg Heffley will never change his wimpy ways. Somebody just needs to explain that to Greg’s father. You see, Frank Heffley actually thinks he can get his son to toughen up, and he enlists Greg in organized sports and other “manly” endeavors. Of course, Greg is able to easily sidestep his father’s efforts to change him. But when Greg’s dad threatens to send him to military academy, Greg realizes he has to shape up . . . or get shipped out. Greg and his family and friends, who make the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books a must-read for middle school readers, are back and at their best in this hilarious new installment of the series, which is sure to please current fans while attracting new ones. Publishers Weekly-1/19/2009:The third book in this genre-busting series is certain to enlarge Kinney’s presence on the bestseller lists, where the previous titles have taken up residence for the past two years. Kinney’s spot-on humor and winning formula of deadpan text set against cartoons are back in full force. This time, Greg starts off on New Year’s Day (he resolves to “help other people improve,” telling his mother, “I think you should work on chewing your potato chips more quietly”) and ends with summer vacation. As he fends off his father’s attempts to make him more of a man (the threat of military school looms), Greg’s hapless adventures include handing out anonymous valentines expressing his true feelings (“Dear James, You smell”), attempting to impress his classmate Holly and single-handedly wrecking his soccer team’s perfect season. Kinney allows himself some insider humor as well, with Greg noting the “racket” children’s book authors have going. “All you have to do is make up a character with a snappy name, and then make sure the character learns a lesson at the end of the book.” Greg, self-centered as ever, may be the exception proving that rule. Ages 8–12. (Jan.) F&P level: T
About the Author
Jeff Kinney is the #1 USA Today, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and a six-time Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award winner for Favorite Book. The Meltdown, book 13, was published in October 2018, and was a #1 bestselling book. His latest book, Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid: Rowley Jefferson’s Journal, was published in April 2019. Jeff has been named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. He is also the creator of Poptropica, which was named one of Time’s 50 Best Websites. He spent his childhood in the Washington, D.C., area and moved to New England in 1995. Jeff lives with his wife and two sons in Massachusetts, where they own a bookstore, An Unlikely Story.