Oil & Gas Company Analysis: Petroleum Refining & Marketing (Paperback)
The goal of this book is to provide an extensive analysis of the Refining & Marketing sector, profile various companies across refining & marketing as well as take a comprehensive look into the fundamental business drivers and processes that make up these two businesses.
Key Benefits of Reading this Book
- Learn about the different businesses within the petroleum refining & marketing industry, their business cycles, unique opportunities and challenges.
- Understand how financial and operational metrics for companies inside and outside the petroleum refining & marketing industry are calculated and comprehend their importance.
- Get to know the different companies in the industry, from both an international and U.S. perspective.
- Gain awareness of what different businesses companies in this sector are involved in and where they operate.
The book is organized into eight chapters:
- Chapter one provides an overview of oil & gas as commodities as well as the industry, introduces the different sectors within the oil & gas industry as well provides an overview of the oil & gas value chain, with a particular emphasis on Refining & Marketing.
- Chapters two provides an overview of financial analysis concepts, processes as well incorporates step-by-step guidance on how to calculate and better understand widely used metrics in financial analysis.
- Chapters three & four introduce the petroleum refining & marketing businesses, explain key processes, how they make money, their value chain as well takes a deep dive into how each business metrics and key performance indicators are calculated and why they matter.
- Chapter five features three North American-based Refining & Marketing companies with diverse business models and assets.
- Chapter six covers two companies from the Europe, Russia and CIS region.
- Chapter seven covers two companies from the growing Asian & the Middle Eastern markets.
- Chapter eight introduces one company based in Latin America.