The Amma Tell Me Hanuman Trilogy: Three Book Set (Paperback)
Search for Your Next Book
Other Books in Series
- #1: Amma Tell Me about Holi! (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: Amma, Tell Me about Diwali! (Amma Tell Me #2) (Paperback): $14.50
- #3: Amma, Tell Me about Ramayana! (Amma Tell Me #3) (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: Amma Tell Me about Krishna!: Part 1 in the Krishna Trilogy (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: Amma Tell Me How Krishna Fought the Demons!: Part 2 in the Krishna Trilogy (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: Amma Tell Me How Krishna Defeated Kansa!: Part 3 in the Krishna Trilogy! (Paperback): $15.95
- #7: Amma, Tell Me about Ganesha! (Amma Tell Me #7) (Paperback): $15.95
- #8: Amma, Tell Me about Hanuman!: Part 1 in the Hanuman Trilogy (Amma Tell Me #8) (Paperback): $15.95
- #9: Amma Tell Me How Hanuman Crossed the Ocean!: Part 2 in the Hanuman Trilogy! (Paperback): $15.95
- #10: Amma Tell Me about Hanuman's Adventures in Lanka!: Part 3 in the Hanuman Trilogy (Paperback): $15.95
- #11: Amma Tell Me about Durga Puja! (Paperback): $15.95
- #12: Amma Tell Me about Raksha Bandhan! (Large Print / Paperback): $15.95
A three book box set of of the 'Amma Tell Me' Hanuman Trilogy.
1. Amma Tell Me About Hanuman
The first book in a series on Hanuman, The god that Amma likes best.The trouble he got into as a baby, Trying to gobble up the sun for breakfast. Born in the being of the Wind god, Blessed with mighty Shiva's divinity, The story of the hard lesson that he learned: That great power comes with great responsibility.
2. Amma Tell Me How Hanuman Crossed The Ocean
In this new and epic story, Hanuman leaps across a mighty ocean, With his forgotten powers regained, And with his strength, wit and devotion. The story of how he charmed a mountain, Defeated a dragon and crushed a snake.How he fought the powerful guard of Lanka, On his great mission for Rama's sake
3. Amma Tell Me About Hanuman's Adventures In Lanka
Here's the story of how Hanuman reachedA golden city in search of Sita, lady of his liege.How he faced off with the mighty RavanaAnd held his capital Lanka to a fiery siege. See how he uprooted an entire hill: Flew like the wind to save Lakshmana from death: How Rama's loyal devotee showed usWhat lies in his heart, the reason for his breath.
About the Author
Bhakti Mathur, private banker by day, mother to Shiv and Veer (seven and five years old) and an avid delver in Indian mythology at all other times is the creator of the 'Amma Tell Me' books - a series of picture books about Indian festivals and mythology for children in the three to nine year age group. She wrote and self-published her first book, "Amma Tell Me About Holi!" in 2011 and over the next three years, the series has grown to eleven books on the festival of Diwali, the Hindu epic Ramayana and stories about the Hindu gods, Krishna, Ganesha, Hanuman and the goddess Durga. "The real motivation for writing the 'Amma Tell Me' series was to share with my sons the fascinating stories from Indian mythology that I had grown up with," says Bhakti. "But, I found that there were no resources that were simple to understand and that captured the rich imagery of mythological India that is such an integral part of these stories for me. So I went ahead and started writing the stories in a style that I think kids find fun and non-preachy and collaborated on the illustrations to bring out the imagery that I want my stories to convey." Bhakti grew-up in Delhi. She studied at Modern School Vasant Vihar. She obtained her graduate degree in Economics and her post graduate degree in Finance from Delhi University. She is a CFA charter holder. She currently works for a major Swiss Bank and lives in Hong Kong with her husband, their two sons and their two dogs. Bhakti is a committed writer ambassador for Room to Read, a global non-profit which offers holistic literacy and girls' education programs. An avid reader, a long-distance runner and a yoga enthusiast, when not working or running after her boys, she is happiest curled up with a book in her hand and a hot cup of chai.