The NFL's Chris Long (founder of the Water Boys Initiative) and Jeff Kinney (author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series) look forward to meeting you! Plainville Splash is a chance to come together for a great cause -- clean water! The highlight will be a Water Walk (to be held within the park), made in honor of the Tanzanian community which will receive a new clean water project as a result of our efforts.
This is a FREE community event to gather the town of Plainville and surrounding communities for an engaging and fun-filled afternoon to raise awareness and some funding for a clean water project in Tanzania, East Africa. Outdoor activities for all ages will include:
- Skills Competitions and Games
- Water Education Opportunities
- Prizes and Giveaways
- A Community Water Walk: to end the event, we'll walk the park in solidarity with the community in Tanzania which will receive a new water well as a result of this special day!
Plainville Splash Game On!
Adding to the fun of Plainville Splash day, Jeff and Julie Kinney are hosting a "Game On!" for adults (aged 21+) who want to have fun and support Plainville'sclean water project with the Waterboys Initiative in Tanzania, East Africa.
A minimum donation of $15 per adults (must be 21 to attend) is required. Space is limited! REGISTER HERE!
Do I Need to Register?
Registration is optional – but those who do are eligible to win a special set of autographed books from An Unlikely Story. REGISTER HERE and print and bring your EventBrite ticket with you on June 2. Drop it in a special basket from which we will draw the winning entry (must be present to win).
We're looking for adult and teen volunteers to help Plainville Splash go along...swimmingly. Want to help? You'll receive a volunteer t-shirt, a photo with Chris Long and Jeff Kinney, and our grateful thanks! Click Here to See the Volunteer Roles Available!
Join Chris Long, An Unlikely Story, the Kinney family, and other Plainville water champions either by participating in one of the special events leading up to Plainville Splash, by joining in the big day, or Click Here to Make an Optional Donation! Those contributing at least $20 (and participating in the Water Walk) will be eligible to receive a commemorative t-shirt for the walk (while supplies last)! Please give generously and bring your donation confirmation with you on the big day.
Can't Wait for June 2?
Leading up to Plainville Splash, An Unlikely Story will host special book offerings exploring the water crisis; an author meet and greet; and other opportunities for learning about the water crisis (and raising funds, if you wish to do so).
- Buckets of Books: explore book titles through a special book display at the front of our store. With a variety of thought-provoking titles for kids and teens, you'll find something to "wet" your appetite to learn more.
- Let It Flow, Plainville!: the Plainville Faucet will adorn our storefront – and you can be part of it! Make a donation and pick a droplet up at any register; add your name and post your droplet coming out of our water stream. One person completing a droplet will win the chance to fill a Water Walk bucket with as many books as they can add in 80 seconds (one second for every one hundred million people who lack access to clean water!).
- Plainville Splash water bottles – a limited edition stainless steel container with art by Jeff Kinney – will be available for purchase for $10. All proceeds will go to Plainville Splash.
- Coming Soon! Special Author Visit: we're working on final details for a special author visit in conjunction with our goal of raising funds and awareness for clean water. Check back to learn more!